An exciting 4-day seminar!
On the first two days, participants learn the basics of MEIFU SHINKAGE RYU Bo-shurikenjutsu (throwing spikes) and Fundo Kusarijutsu (plastic chain with soft weight). Through hands-on training, each participants learns safe and fun ways of using Bo-shuriken and Fundo Kusari as a martial art and as a mindfulness exercise. In addition, advanced participants learn how the Bo-shuriken and Fundo-Kusari were used in ancient Japan as hidden weapons by the Samurai. The first day is precise instruction as well as drilling of details. The second day of training focuses on application skills as well as other tools. In the evening of the second day, examination is available for currently active and registered members of Meifu Shinkage Ryu Canada Branch™ only.
Yagyu Shinkage-ryu & Koryu Jujutsu
The next two days, Chris de Feijter will be leading a combined Yagyu Shinkage Ryu (Saturday) and Nihon Jujutsu (Sunday) seminar. This is exclusive training not anywhere else offered in Alberta, Manitoba, or Saskatchewan. On Saturday, the focus is on YSR kihon as well as exploring the first kata sangaguen-no-tachi. On Sunday, participants will be exploring various skills from koryu jujutsu schools including Araki Shin Ryu, Asayama Ichiden Ryu, Takenouchi Ryu, Takeda Ryu, Kashima Shin Ryu, and Shinto Rokugo Ryu. Each member will transition through about 60 kihon waza in a dynamic training.
- Start: July 20 to 23, 2017 (provisional at this time)
- Cost: $200 (Free for MSR Canada Members). Refunds not available, however, another participant may take your place. Exam fees are not included.
- Experience: No experience needed
- Training gear: Regular Martial arts uniform, Keikogi and Hakama or for novice participants only: T-shirt and training pants.
- All training will be outdoors as long as it does now snow!
Taka Budo Dokokai Martial Arts, Inc.
Dr. Chris de Feijter, La Ronge, Saskatchewan.
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS
- Maximum # of participants: 10, as this is a semi-private seminar.
- not included.
HOTELS & ACCOMMODATIONS
- Several hotel options exist in La Ronge, at various price ranges.
EXCLUSIVE HD RECORDING
- The whole seminar, excluding the examination, will be recorded in HD. Access to the recording is available to all participants and included in the seminar fee. Participants are not allowed to use their own recording equipment as those may interfere with the professional equipment used by the seminar organizers.
- All registered participants are required to complete a liability waiver.
- Participants are 16+ of age (minors require written consent from parents/legal guardian, and accompanied by a parent or legal guardian).
TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES FOR AFTER THE SEMINAR
- Weekly training in La Ronge is available.
- Weekly training exist in Warren, Manitoba.
- Monthly training exists in Toronto, Ontario.
- Private training opportunities exist anywhere else in Canada.